In 2013, the Reproductive Health Training Center received from grant for project “Increasing the quality of abortion care within a comprehensive package of reproductive health services in Transnistria”. The project is implemented with the support of European and Moldavian Office of World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Ministry of Health from Transnistria. The project period :
Implementation period: January 1st 2014 – December 31st 2016
Project goal: To increase the quality of abortion care within a comprehensive package of reproductive health services in Transnistria, through transfer of good practices of institutionalization of Comprehensive Abortion Care (CAC) model in Moldova
The specific objectives of the project are:
- To increase the quality of abortion care in the Reproductive Health (RH) center in Tiraspol the main body for the RH services, and scale up the CAC model to the 7 existing RH offices in the region, ensuring that at least 80% of women, requesting pregnancy termination, receive CAC services in line with WHO recommendations.
- To obtain the institutionalization of the model of ambulatory CAC services in Transnistria.
- To increase the community awareness on modern contraception and safe abortion in the context of women’s sexual and reproductive rights and health and the demand for high quality abortion services
- Modest renovation of the procedure and recovery room in 8 RH centres in Transnistria.
- Equipping the new 8 CAC Centres with supplies and meds.
- Approval by the local health authorities of the national CAC standards and indicators for data collection on quality of abortion care.
- Uploading on the RH center website of the articles/news on safe abortion, modern methods of contraception and sexual reproductive rights.