Moldavian Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (MAOG) is one of the 4 professional associations from Eastern – Central Europe and Central Asia (ECECA) that participate in the FIGO Prevention Unsafe Abortions initiative and, from 2008, has been implementing actions to improve access and quality of pregnancy termination services and to reduce number of unwanted pregnancies in Republic of Moldova.
The Regional Coordinator of this initiative for ECECA is Dr. Rodica Comendant, director of Reproductive Health Training Center (RHTC).
The IXth Regional Workshop “Prevention of Unsafe Abortion”, held in Bishkek, Kirgizstan, 23-24 May, 2016.
The purpose of the Workshop is to discuss achievements, challenges and barriers of implementation of National Action Plans for reducing consequences of unsafe abortions and to plan future joined actions with partner organizations working in this field.
- Implementation of national action plan to prevent unsafe abortions in Republic of Moldova, Stelian Hodorogea and Rodica Comendant, Moldova
- Medical Abortion in Azerbaijan, Rzayeva Gulnara, Azerbaijan
- The FIGO position on unsafe abortion, Anibal Faúndes, Ethiopia
- Increasing Access to Medical Abortion in EE/CA Countries, Gynuity Health Projects
- Republic of Kazakhstan: Te current situation on abortion, Elmira Akhmetova, Kazakhstan
- Realize of activities for 2015 year, Kyrgyzstan
- Report of Macedonia, Action plan 2015-2016, Slavejko Sapunov and Gligor Tofoski, Macedonia
- New Evidence on the Effectiveness of Post Abortion Contraception in Reducing Abortions, Anibal Faúndes, Ethiopia